CNYBrew.com: Leap-Beer Party TONIGHT!

Friday, February 29, 2008

Leap-Beer Party TONIGHT!

Tonight my wife and I will be our first beer and cheese paring party. It should be a good turnout with anywhere from 15 to 30 people showing up. The plan with this party was a "BYOC" where people supplied the cheese and we supplied the beer to pare with it.

This week I spent some time beer shopping to fill in some style gaps in my home inventory and had a pretty good time doing it. This is what the lineup looks like:

Commercial Beers
Barley Wine - Druid Fluid - Middle Ages Brewing Company
Bock - Saranac Black Diamond Bock - Matt Brewing Compnay
Doppelbock - EKU 28 - Kulmbacher Brauerei AG
Pilsner - Brooklyn Pilsner - Brooklyn Brewing Company
Fruit Beer - Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat - Boston Brewing Company/ Blueberry Wheat [MORE TO COME]
Marzen - Saranac Octoberfest - Matt Brewing Company/Lowenbrau AG

My beers
Belgian Tripel - Tripel Nipple
IPA - Lagunitas Clone
Bavarian Lager - Samuel L. Jackson
Asian Lager - Kaffir Lime Imperial Lager
Porter - Hairy Porter
Stout - Oak Aged Yetti Clone

Once I get home and get to look at what cheeses we matched up with what beers, I'll make some adjustments to this post to reflect the changes. The plan is to set up a tasting table with the cheese and the beers and break out the beers as people move through their tasting. Who knows how it will go, but it sounds like it could be a good time!

Cheers!

1 comment:

Adam said...

Looks delicious!

Ok...whatever! Just gloat and thumb your nose. You New York people. I can't believe I married one of you.

Just kidding of course. Have fun at the party and tell us all about it :-)