CNYBrew.com: The argument about Canadians is settled

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

The argument about Canadians is settled


There has been a lot of talk on the brew blogs about Canadian artists and I figured I would chime in. Now I'm personally a die-hard T-Hip fan and would agree that there is no question that there are a lot of great Canadian comedians and bands. With that said, the chatter about Canadians drummed up memories for me of The Kids In The Hall and they have always been a favorite of mine.

Allen from A Good Beer Blog has pointed out a lot of classic Canadians of note, I would offer that The Kids in the Hall need to be in any conversation about notable Canadians. Unlike MNB's unnatural love of Bryan Adams, this is completely respect for, as Don Cherry would say:

"A bunch of good Canadian boys have good clean Canadian fun"

Cheers!

5 comments:

Jonathan said...

But also the situation with Avril Lavigne.

Ted Danyluk said...

That's a funny video.

I thought it was appropriate to mention here that I got my start/introduction to all-grain brewing from one of Canada's best and longest running punk-rock bands. No Means No. Once at a show, my brother picked up a punk-rock all-grain how-to video made by these guys.

The best part was that a year later, while on tour and playing at the Subterranean (in Chicago), I got a chance to hook up with them back stage and poured a bottle of my all-grain Swamp Rat Super IPA. It was kind-of a dream come true for my brother and I, cause they are like Rock Gods to us. This beer wasn't all that great, but it was all I had at the time.

The Bearded Brewer said...

Girly Drink Drunk is one of the best skits of all time!

Alan said...

Like Mainers and Minnesotans, upstate New Yorkers are pretty much honourary Canadians anyway. Do you get Hockey Night In Canada in Syracuse? That would be excellent to sit in the Dinosaur and watch hockey on the tube.

Travis said...

Alan,

Haven't had Hockey Night since I was in Potsdam (they call winter hat's tuques up there), but down here, college hockey rules. The ECAC is pretty bad ass, even though Harvard sucks!

Cheers!