CNYBrew.com: The Return of the Mulligan

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

The Return of the Mulligan

So I thought that the best way to wake my senses back up was to brew...so away I go. This is an all-grain interpretation of the Blanche de Bruges (Belgium White) that we coined Mulligan Wit after a piss-poor day of golf. I considered going safe and just making another extract brew, but I am always one for a challenge so here goes.








Grain Bill:
2 Row Pale Malt (Mutton's US)- 7.43 lbs
Flaked Wheat- 5.76 lbs
Biscuit Malt- .14lbs
Flaked Oats- .27lbs
Clear Candi Sugar- .5 lbs (45min)


Other:

1.5 tsp Ground Coriander (15min)
1.5 oz Bitter Orange Peel (1/2 @ 15min 1/2 @ 3min)
1/2 tsp Crushed Cumin Seed
1.5 tsp Crushed Grains of Paradise


Hops:

1oz Saaz (3.75% AA) 60 min
1oz Styrian Golding (5.25% AA) 30 min



Yeast:

Belgium White Beer Yeast

OG: 1.052
FG: 1.009

ABV 5.6%

I made some adjustments to this recipe because I am shooting for a 7 gallon yield. I have been trying to get higher and higher yields and I am barley getting what I need to so I am going to shoot for a little more this time and see where I end up.


If you see anything here that looks out of place, now is the time to let me know because I am not brewing till this weekend!


Cheers!

No comments: